[Faith-talk] is it wrong to question?

Doris and Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Wed Nov 14 18:50:52 UTC 2012

Which books of the Bible are considered canonical depends on the
denominational affiliation of those being asked.  whether the Old
Testment is made up of the traditional 39 books of the traditional
Protestant Canon depends on which version of the Jewish Scriptures
are being used: the Hebrew version of the scriptures (i.e. in the
Hebrew language) contains the same number of books as the Protestant
Old Testament Canon; if the Septuagin, the Greek translation of the
Jewish Scriptures was used, the Old testament also contains the
deuterocanonical books, which Protestants refer to as the Apocrypha.

The Roman Catholic Church as well as several Orthodox Churches have
the deuterocanonical books as part of their Old Testament Canon,
adding up to 73 books of the Bible or even a few more with some traditions.

Mr. Timothy, the Hadley School for the Blind has several courses on
the Bible that will give you a much more solid background then the
assorted lot of us on list here may be able to provide.

May God bless you in your studies and may he open your heart and mind
to follow his call. God wants everyone to be saved but is not a
Master Puppeteer who pulls strings and forces his will on any of us.

Take care and God Bless

Doris