[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, October 2 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 02:04:24 UTC 2012

Well, we've come to that time once again, the time for us North Americans, whether now or in a few hours, to retire for the night.  On the other hand, you in Europe and in the UK are probably dead to the world as this is being written at approximately 0152 UTC, whereas you in Australia are probably getting ready for your midday meal, and if there are any members on these lists from New Zealand, you're probably enjoying a pleasant Wednesday afternoon.  At any rate, I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well or is going well.

How many of you remember the name Nora M. Bozeman from several days ago? Well, she has another contribution to grace your computer screens and hopefully your thoughts with her poem entitled "Autumn Souvenirs," rendered as follows:

September flings her lukewarm days
To Indian Summer's golden rays.
October sunset's purple hue
Regales a sky of denim blue.

Flaming leaves fly fancy-free,
Attired in Autumn finery.
Wild geese flying in V-formation
Hurry in anticipation.

The harvest moon's magic spell
Bathes frosty nights, then bids farewell,
Then snowy Winter interferes,
And covers up Fall's souvenirs.

And there you have it for today.  Was wondering if this poetess is or was related to the individual for whom the city of Bozeman MT was named for, or perhaps it was her husband? Oh well, I'm just a curious sort of guy.

And now until tomorrow when another good night message will be presented, Lord willing, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul