[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, October 7 2012 and Some Info From Carol Taylor

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 01:26:41 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in the western hemisphere, and good Monday to you in other parts of the world.  For those of us on this continent, I hope that your day went well as far as your worship time is concerned, whether that be in a local community house of Christian assembly or perhaps online.  My day was good, although too brief.

Carol phoned me this evening and she informed me that, out of the several back surgeries she had, this was the worst in terms of her pain.  She told me that nothing in her hospital would be done until Tuesday when the full complement of hospital personnel would return, and then she would begin the rehab phase of her stay as well as her seeing a urologist.  So, that's the latest I have from her.

The little girl who grew up in Lorain Ohio again graces our computer screens, Braille displays and screen readers with a contribution entitled "Never Beyond Reach," rendered as follows:

No one ever sought the Father
And found He was not there.
And no burden is too heavy
To be lightened by a prayer.
No problem is too intricate,
And no sorrow that we face
Is too deep and devastating
To be softened by His grace.
No trials and tribulations
Are beyond what we can bear
If we share them with the Father
As we talk to Him in prayer.

And men of every color, every race, and every creed
Have but to seek the Father
In their deepest hour of need.
God asks for no credentials,
He accepts us with our flaws.
He is kind and understanding
And He welcomes us because
We are His erring children and He loves us, every one.
And He freely and completely
Forgives all that we have done,
Asking only if we're ready
To follow where He leads,
Content that in His wisdom
He will answer all our needs.

In case you haven't figured out the identity of that little girl from Lorain Ohio, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) west of Cleveland, it was the late Helen Steiner Rice.  It goes without saying that I read this poem to Carol while we were still on the phone.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul