[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, October 8 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 01:03:25 UTC 2012

Good evening to all my fellow North Americans.  I hope that our Canadian members had a good Thanksgiving Day, and that you remembered that it was more than just feasting and celebration, rather it was to give God thanks for His many blessings.  Here in the States, officially we celebrated Columbus Day as a federal holiday, but I know of no celebrations to mark that day.  For the rest of you in other parts of the world, I hope that your Tuesday is going well.

Corinne Metcalf is the author of today's poem, the last for a while.  Entitled "The Last Promise," it is rendered as follows:

Each day I look up in the sky
And feel your presence near,
I search each rolling, passing cloud
With hope that you'll appear.

Some days the skies are overcast
There's darkness everywhere,
But there is sunshine in my heart
Because I know you're there.

My yearning heart keeps looking up,
Then dark skies turn to blue,
For I believe Your promises
And love and trust in you.

You promised to come back soon
To take me home with You,
To live with You eternally
And live with our Father, too.

So every day I watch and pray
For my longing eyes to see,
My Savior in all His glory
Bursting through the clouds for me.

And there you have Corinne's contribution for today.  I hope her words brought you some comfort and solace, if you're going through a tough time right now.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul