[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Friday, October 26 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 01:44:59 UTC 2012

Well, good morning, afternoon or evening wherever in this wide world you happen to reside in.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well or is going well.

We have a new author for today's article.  Her name is Sharon Conners, and her contribution is entitled "Searching For God," rendered as follows:

Most people want to be loved.  It is part of our human nature--the way God created us.  But, are you searching for love in all the wrong places?

I remember that, as a youth, all I wanted was to find a romantic relationship in order to fill a space missing inside my heart.  I thought my life would be wonderful if I were in a relationship.

I was so consumed with this desire that it defined who I was as a person.  Because I was so desperate, I often found myself in a relationship for all the wrong reasons, and it ended for the right reasons.

Now that I have matured and found God through the love of His son, Jesus Christ, I am no longer that desperate person "searching for love in all the wrong places." Knowing that God loves me and that He will never leave me or forsake me is enough to sustain me through my low points.  "For He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Heb. 13:5).

I believe that in my youth, it was God I was searching for.  I wanted unconditional love.  Only God can provide us with that kind of love.  No wonder I became so frustrated and depressed when I could not find it from a human.

The love of God is the deeper loving relationship that I needed.  It is the one that surpasses all understanding.  I began to yearn to know God.

When I was in hot pursuit of my very own Prince Charming, I sought him in places where I would most likely find him.  Those were places where people go to socialize, such as parties and nightclubs.

Once I found someone who seemed interesting to me, I talked and spent time with that person to get to know him.  In the same way, when I found God, I learned to talk to Him through prayer and spent time reading His Word.  My relationship with God has continued to grow and to magnify.  He is my first Love and my best Friend.

The wonderful truth about God is that He is omnipresent and waiting for us to call out to Him.  He wants us to draw close to Him and seek Him.  In return He promises to protect us and take care of us (Ps. 91:14-16).

God is not forceful, but He is always waiting at the door.  It is our choice to open the door and let Him in.  Have you listened closely to hear that knock on the door to your heart? If you have not done so, why not let Him in today?

And there you have Sharon's article for today.  Some of you just might think this is elementary stuff, but some of you just might receive some food for thought, or even those to whom you pass this article on.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul