[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Friday, August 31 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 01:05:01 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to all of you.  Well, here in North America, we're about to turn a milestone, and that is that August is behind us and September is coming up.  What I like about September is that usually here in the mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. the weather gets cooler and the fall or autumn season is approaching.  That's what I mean about a milestone.  How was your day today? Mine was good.  Didn't do much except hang out on the computer and listened to the final service of the 2012 Shiloh Baptist Camp Meeting from the Maranatha Baptist Church in Elkton MD.  Hope some of you had the opportunity to hear Brother Mike Renfrow at least once.

Patti Maury (not sure of spelling) is the author of today's poem.  Entitled "My Mother," it is rendered as follows:

Exceptional, understanding, and a wonderful person,
That's you, mother, the one I admire.
You are intelligent; you will go far.

You have a very good outlook on life,
I can see.
You're far from being lazy;
You're as busy as a bee.

It takes a very big person
To do what you do.
You have done more than your share.
God bless you, Mother;
I care.

And there you have it for today.  Hey, let's not merely think of our mothers on Mother's Day, just like we shouldn't forget to thank God and others except on Thanksgiving Day.  Let's do this all year long and preferably at least once a day.  Remember, for those of you who still have your maternal parent, she won't be around forever, and for those of you who are yourselves mothers, I'm sure that you would appreciate knowing that your children value you.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul