[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Saturday, September 1 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 00:53:42 UTC 2012

Hello and good day all of you.  Well, we've reached another milestone evening, that being the first Saturday and day in September at least here in North America.  For the rest of you especially in Australia or New Zealand, you're probably either at church right now or planning to set out, as this is being written.  For us on this side of the pond, so to speak, I hope that your day is going well.

"My Life" by Erma Wendler (again not sure of spelling) of Brenham TX is the poem for today, rendered as follows:

My life has been that of many trials and tribulations.
There have also been days of great compensations.
Since the age of 16
I have been ailing in health,
Pocketbook empty,
Never any wealth.
Worked hard for each penny
I have ever earned;
There are many things in life
For which I have yearned.

At the age of 44
I have lost my sight;
To me this seems to be
My greatest plight.
Yet, in my darkness,
I have nothing to fear,
For my Lord and Savior will always be near
To guide my footsteps
Along life's way
And lighten my burdens
Of each coming day.

I count my many blessings
Which come from above
Bestowed upon me
By my Savior's great love.

And there you have it for today.  Before we retire for the night, let's reflect on the upcoming day when we corporately go to our local house of worship to praise and honor our Lord.  If that local house of assembly is an internet church, still do the same thing.

And now until tomorrow may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul