[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, September 2 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 01:45:43 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening, morning or afternoon wherever in this world you happen to live.  For us in North America, it's evening.  How was your day in the Lord today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.  In my new church Pastor Cook preached from Colossians 3:22-25 regarding the timely subject of work.  He had some hard-hitting points in his sermon.  What his emphasis was dealt with doing whatever we do is primarily for the Lord and not men.  He mentioned diligence, excellence and honesty in whatever work we might do, whether that be for an employer or for husbands, wives or family members.  A very excellent sermon which, unfortunately, wasn't recorded.

Mrs. John M. Wilkinson of Jackson MS really expressed an idea that I concur with in her poem entitled "My Little House," rendered as follows:

My house is a little house,
Just modest and plain as can be.
It has no fine furnishing,
But it's the same as a mansion to me.
No doubt it looks very much like the house next door
To the passerby,
To the mailman
Or to the milkman guy.

The difference is, you see,
This house belongs
To my husband and me.

Sometimes we go on vacation,
As that's what summertime brings.
We see beauty of different kinds,
Nature and manmade things.
But when we return home tired,
Just tired, just tired as can be,
No place on earth is half as beautiful
As my little house to me.

And there you have it for today.  I hope that Sister Wilkinson's poem resonated to some of you at least as half as it did to me.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul