[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Friday, September 14 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 01:48:45 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to all of us residing in the western hemisphere.  How was your day today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.  Didn't do much outside today, but am looking forward to tomorrow when I go for my biweekly breakfast at our locally-owned and operated Christian Korean deli.  If any of you come to Baltimore and have time, we'll all go there for a lunch, but beware that whatever you order in the way of food is a lot, and the price is very reasonable.  The food is also delicious.

Our words of inspiration today come again from the pen of the late Helen Steiner Rice.  Her contribution is a lot shorter than last night's poem, but still a good one.  Entitled "God's Keeping," it is rendered as follows:

To be in God's keeping is surely a blessing,
For, though life is often dark and distressing,
No day is too dark and no burden too great
That God in His love cannot penetrate.

And there you have it for today.  Before I close, I have a question that any of you can answer.  Are any of you aware of any poem by Mrs. Rice that has been set to music? If none has, I think it would be a great idea for someone to tackle that project.  I would, but don't have enough of her work to get into her mind sufficiently to do this.  Those composers who wrote melodies to Fanny Crosby's poems really knew what they were doing, in my opinion.  Thanks for any feedback on this topic.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in hwich we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul