[Faith-talk] Independence

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:23:39 UTC 2013

Yes...  NFB philosophy is based on independence.  I also agree that
people are supposed to depend on God, but I think that applies to all
people whether blind or sighted.  When we talk of independence in the
NFB, we are talking of independence as it relates to our blindness.
We depend on God to answer prayers, give us strength, etc.  But we
gain independence to travel where we want to go, get the education we
need, etc.  I'm not saying that God isn't involved in these things,
but these are the sorts of things that He gives us the strength to do.

I don't know if I explained it well.  But that's the best I can do for
now.  :)

--
Julie McG
National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National