[Faith-talk] United we stand...

halinawoch at gmail.com halinawoch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 15:16:08 UTC 2013

United  We Stand...
By a  divine paradox, wherever there is one slave there are two. So in the
wonderful  reciprocities of being, we can never reach the higher levels
until all our  fellows ascend with us.
~Edwin Markham~
**************************************
****
It is  an undeniable fact, that all of our lives are intricately woven
together into  the divine tapestry of life. We help ourselves through helping
others...we  forgive, and both parties are set free...we teach, and yet become
the pupil. It  is through unity of purpose and belief, reaching out to
others, rather than  focusing on self, that our aspirations of heaven on earth
will be met and  realized.
...so  it is with Christ's body.  We are many parts of one body, and we all
belong  to each other. In his grace, God has given us different gifts for
doing certain  things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy,
speak out with as  much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving
others, serve them  well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is
to encourage others, be  encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If
God has given you leadership  ability, take the responsibility seriously. And
if you have a gift for showing  kindness to others, do it gladly.
~Romans 12:5-8 (NLT)~

When we drink  from the cup that we ask God to bless, isn't that sharing in
the blood of  Christ? When we eat the bread that we break, isn't that
sharing in the body of  Christ? By sharing in the same loaf of bread, we become
one body, even though  there are many of us.
~1 Corinthians 10:17 (CEV)~

"I have given them the glory you gave Me, so they  may be one as We are
one.  I am in them and you are in Me.  May they  experience such perfect unity
that the world will know that You sent Me and that  You love them as much as
You love Me."
~Jesus / John 17:22,23  (NLT)~