[Faith-talk] Answer to Christmas Carol Trivia Question

Maureen Pranghofer maureensmusic at comcast.net
Sat Dec 14 03:20:34 UTC 2013

Hi
It was fun.  Is that book accessible?
Maureen

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 8:02 PM
To: Faith-talk,for the discussion of faith and religion
Subject: [Faith-talk] Answer to Christmas Carol Trivia Question

Congratulations to Sister Maureen for coming up with the correct answer.
Below you will read the answer, why the author wrote the carol as he did,
and my source for this information.

The name of the carol, written by Edmund Sears (words) in 1849, was "It Came
Upon a Midnight Clear." The reason Mr. Sears wrote the way he did was
because he was a Unitarian.  The source for all this information came from a
book in two volumes called "Then Sings My Soul" by Robert J. Morgan,
available from Care Ministries of Starkville MS.  And now, in the words of
the late Paul Harvey, you know "the rest of the story." Hope you enjoyed
guessing and playing this little game.  Perhaps in the future we'll do this
again but with another well-known Gospel song, if you all would like that.
Paul