[Faith-talk] washington seminar

Kirt kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 17:56:28 UTC 2013

Point taken, but can the same not be said for pretty much all political parties, Community organizations, etc? I could flippantly say plenty of people treat there favorite sports teams films, hobbies and the like as de facto religions… but, now that I think about it, that's actually quite true and plenty of nominally religious people really do commit more to those things then totheir alleged faith. I guess, if you were one of those Christians Who focus on eternity and the future hypothetical afterlife to the point of shunning involvement in any earthly organizations at all, which I realize is an extreme minority position, involvement in any sort of social activism could be seen as A pointless waste of time at best and A harmful distraction from spiritual concerns at worst. However, The vast majority of Christians I've associated with seem to take more stock in the biblical injunction to"Be in the world, but not of the world,"and plenty of these people i've had the pleasure of interacting with are motivated by concepts such as the golden rule,z loving your neighbor as yourself, etc. to get involved in worldly groups which, though imperfect, give them a chance to accomplish those goals. I suppose, then, it would probably depend which side of that particular fence you fall on… but I'm something of an outsiderz when it comes to religion so please, any of you reading this, correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Sent from my iPhone