[Faith-talk] being healed from blindness

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 19 05:30:21 UTC 2013

RJ,
While blindness isn't mentioned  as evil, Jesus did heal blind people and
other sick people.
So, I can see why people in church may think its evil.

Your statement, "the church tends to pity us" seems blanket. While many
blind people may not feel fully included,
I don't think that's the case all around. I know many active Christians who
are blind.
They don't feel pittied. They may do things differently and it may take
extra effort to include them, like giving someone a ride to church or an
event, but  they are treated respectfully.

I'm wondering why you'd  make such a statement. I had issues being included,
but those were no different than the social issues I faced in school.

Ashley