[Faith-talk] being healed from blindness

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 19 06:02:39 UTC 2013

Debby,

Remember that all churches are different and vary in their amount of
closeness.
I have no clue your church environment. A very large church? A medium size
with maybe 300 or 400 active members or a small church?
Its too bad that because he felt like an outsider he through his hands  up,
and said enough.
I can understand why he did though; it hurts to be ignored, especially if
you are coming to a place you loved and knew.

I'm wondering if people are typically are close and greet each other? At
large churches, this is not the case. At small to medium size main line
churches, they do this. They have Sunday school classes which are small
enough to get to know each other and some people form relationships outside
church to do other things with.

Also, sadly, people act so busy now a days, that even small churches
probably do not have members socialize outside church much.
Also, there are many people coming in and out of church. Perhaps
your husband just slipped through the cracks. I grew up in a main line
somewhat small church. I reccon church service attendance was probably
slightly over 100.
But, we did not know everyone there. Sunday school attendance varied; people
came and dropped out; I'm not saying no one was committed; a handful were,
but given the fact we had perhaps 3 or 4 sunday school classes and they
changed either annually or in the spring,
that people may come for a class series then leave, or join another class.
So, my dad did not know everyone, and even if someone returned, he probably
wouldn't notice it unless they were a face he saw regularly for years and
had spoken to them. I mean, are you really going to remember a face out of
say 15 people in a class?
Probably not.

I guess admist our busy lives, we just do not make connections as we used
to.

Recently, I've tried a huge non denominational church and now go to a small
main line church which my mom is at preschool teacher.
I pretty much go to the church my dad tries out since I live at home.
I felt more connection at the smaller Methodist church. You are not going to
connect at large theatre size churches.
Still, one of my struggles is finding a young adult bible study. I've
checked with several churches and non have a young adults group. I've been
hoping to meet those near my age through church, and its not happening.

So, I  see your issues, and its very valid, but I'm simply saying that not
all churches treat members aloof.

Ashley