[Faith-talk] Some thoughts on prayer

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 04:47:59 UTC 2013

Well, I agree with what everyone else has already said, but I will add my
personal thoughts for what their worth. For me, I need to talk to the
Savior; I need that constant connection with Him. I talk to him in my head
all throughout the day, in bed, listening to music, movies that have other
world views, when dealing/talking with people; I am constantly in a both
conscious and unconscious communication with him. Sometimes the prayer is
just one word, "Lord" Sometimes it is the Lord's prayer, sometimes it is
giving thanks, but more than not, it is really just me sharing/poring my
thoughts into his presence and attempting to grasp his  hand and stay
connected with him. When I was a younger man I spent about 5 years in prison
and much of that time was by myself, I wasn't able to read books all the
time like sighted prisoners, look at pictures of family and friends or any
of that stuff so I had to talk to God or go crazy. The more I reflected on
the Bible and really attempted to step into the stories of the Gospel and
the interactions that Jesus had with people, He really started to become
more alive to me, along with His Holy Spirit living in me I began to feel
that I knew him better than I had ever known anybody in my entire life and
now, I have to talk to him, prayer, conversations, whatever you want to call
it, I couldn't go without it now. Plus, I am such a rotten sinner that I
need to be in front of him at all times, because that old Adam is just a
waiting to take me on some dangerous adventure that won't do anything but
break my Lords heart.

Take care