[Faith-talk] being healed from blindness

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 24 15:44:59 UTC 2013

Debby,
My goodness, now I understand more of your struggles to find a church where
you feel accepted.
This definitely illustrates church politics. If a church is divided and asks
a pastor to leave, its going to upset a lot of people. Those who like the
old pastor will be upset and likely leave. We've seen this happen in some
churches around my community.

I hope you feel up to trying church someday. I'd suggest a smaller church
with active groups such as a women's group.
In these churches, you are more likely to be remembered. At large churches
or mega churches, they are so big that you cannot meet people unless you
attend small groups and include yourself.  Even then, you only know your
small group members.
I speak from experience as I did try a large non denominational church and
the women's bible study was good and intimate, but never saw them at church.

For now, you can study the bible on your own and still pray and things like
that as christian. Church isn't all of what being christian is.

Merry Christmas.
Ashley