[Faith-talk] Some thoughts on prayer

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 09:08:26 UTC 2013

Hello Ashly, even with being able to provide for my family because of
investments I have made over the years, I still often feel the desire to do
much more. I want to be where God wants me as well so I often feel a
conflict inside because I have been blessed with many talents, but have
often only been able to use them in the smallest copasity and I am not sure
sometimes if it is because I just gave up too early, or if God was pulling
me back from that path. I do know I want to be in his will regardless if I
tromp around my house like a lost sheep tinkering with this and that, doing
some music or weather I get called to do 40 hours a week somewhere outside
of my home. As I write this email, a poem comes to mind, and I will post it
because it touched something in me before when I read it and in some ways it
relates to this topic in the sence that we as blind believers do allot of
wating on the Lord.
It is a poem by John Milten, the writer of Paradise Lost who lost his own
sight, this poem is about his blindness and may be to dusty for anybody to
even relate to, but there is something in the shadows of his thoughts that
caught at me when I first read it.
"Wen I consider how my light is spent, over half my days in this dark world
so wide,And that one talent of sight which is death to hide lodges with me
useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest he returning chide,
"Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?"
I fondly ask. But Patience, to prevent
That murmur, soon replies: "God doth not need
Either man's work or his own gifts: who best
Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best. His state
Is kingly; thousands at his bidding speed
And post o'er land and ocean without rest:
They also serve who only stand and wait."