[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Friday, February 1, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 02:42:20 UTC 2013

Well folks, here in the Americas the first day of February is slowly creeping toward its end, whereas you in Europe and the UK are in your very early Saturday morning.  On the other hand, you in Australia are in your early afternoon, whereas you in Kiwi country are in your mid afternoon, at least when this is written.  Anyway I hope that your day went well or is going well.

The author of this poem is not mentioned, but when I read it, a tune came to me.  If this had been a voice message instead of text, I could have sung it, but I don't know how to record, much less send, a voice message.  Anyone willing to show me must do so via phone, as I have much trouble at times following email directions.  Anyway the title of the poem is "It's In the Valley I Grow" and is rendered as follows:

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe,
It's then I have to remember,
That it's in the valley I grow.

If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love
And would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn
And my growth is so very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys I grow.

I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing;
My Lord will see me through.

My little valleys are nothing
When I picture Christ on the cross.
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.

Forgive me, Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me Lord,
And use my life each day;
To share Your love with others
And help them find their way.

Thank you for the valleys, Lord,
For this one thing I know;
The mountain tops are glorious,
But it's in the valleys I grow.

Someone may have penned music to this poem already, and of course we would have to locate the author to get his/her permission to add music to the words, but I personally think that the words alone are for the pondering, but the music would be icing on the cake.  What do you all think?

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul