[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 02:48:52 UTC 2013

Hello and good day to all of you, and good Wednesday morning or afternoon to the rest of you outside of the Americas.  I hope that your day went well or is going well and, for us in our continents in the western hemisphere, that we will get a good night's sleep tonight.

Years ago on a Baltimore radio station, and this was even before I was born, an announcer by the name of Charles Purcell would take the last 30 minutes of that station's broadcast day reading uplifting poetic words while soft organ music was playing in the background.  I know this from speaking to older folks here in our city who remembered it, and they said that it would be so nice to relive that tradition.  So, Baltimore Seniors Radio, beginning next week, will attempt to re-create this, with my collection of pipe organ music and my reading of poetry, not live, but on a recording.  I don't know about you, but there is something magic in poetry that, in the hands of a good master poet, really speaks to the depths of my inner being.  As you read the following lines, please try to personalize them in your own minds.  The title of this poem by Elaine Fowser is entitled "I Believe," rendered as follows:

I believe there is a blessing
In store for me each day.
I won't waste the time in seeking it,
For it will surely come my way.

I believe that Spring will follow Winter
No matter how long the wait,
And Nature's beauty will far surpass
Anything that man can make.

I believe that with the rose,
There will always be a thorn.
And with every death that touches us,
A new baby will be born.

I believe the stars continue to shine
When unseen by human eye,
Just as the mountain still is there
While dark clouds are going by.

I believe we all should have
A close fellowship with each other,
And love we have for family
Makes us treat them like a brother.

I believe we all have a special gift
To make life much more sweet
For neighbor, friend, or loved one,
Or whomever we may meet.

I believe God's love was the greatest gift
Given to you and me.
He took our sin upon Himself
And thereby made us free.

Life now has direction since
Salvation I received
>From the day I told the Lord,
"By faith I do believe."

If it were possible to re-create these poetry readings with soft organ music in the background as an audio message, I would do so; however at this time for me this can't be done.  But who knows what the future has in store for me in this endeavor, by God's leading and guidance?

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live, is the hope and prayer of your Christian brother, Paul.