[Faith-talk] confirmation retreat advice

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 03:21:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

I went to confirmation retreat when I was a seventeen year old Lutheran.

I didn't know anyone either.  It was a regional thing though and not just for our church.

try and put yourself out there.  I know it's hard when you're the only blinnd one there.  It's also hard when you are an introvert.

remember though, you're theoretically going to spend time learning about the beliefs you hold, not to be social.

I have the opposite problem.  I'm social, but the people who go to my Ward, which is like a parish or congregation, don't seem to want to take the time to know me.

I had to learn that I am not there to make friends or socialize.  If that happens great, but i'm there to learn about our Lord and Saior, and about Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost.

Keep that in mind before you decide not to go.

Jenny