[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, January 6, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:39:53 UTC 2013

Hello and good day, morning, afternoon or evening wherever in this world you live.  I only use the term "good night" in this message because it's evening here in the Americas, but maybe in your part of the world it's a different time.

We have yet another poem selected for you today, this time written by Millie Torzilli and entitled "Expressions of God's Love," rendered as follows:

Because God loves you,
Rain comes in the
Spring,
Flowers bloom in vibrant hues,
Birds have a song to sing.

Because God loves you,
Winter snow is white,
Trees are forever green
Stars shine every night!

The universe was created
By God's mighty hand.
Every prayer is answered
By His will and plan.

The reason why the sun shines,
Why the sky above is blue,
Why faith makes all things possible,
Is because of God's love for you!

And there you have Millie's rhyming missive for today.  Not long, I'll admit, but sometimes great things come in small packages.  Take, for instance, the little and perhaps unknown village of Fonda, Iowa.  Now maybe only one person here knows the significance of that little community, but it was birthplace of a little girl who would go on to be the right hand man of a great preacher and writer.  Her name? Ruth Stafford Peale.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul