[Faith-talk] Celebration Time

Doris and Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Fri Feb 8 03:55:47 UTC 2013

Some of you will remember that my husband Chris's father Manfred had
been sent to the hospital with a brain tumor just before Christmas on
December 20, 2012.. He subsequently had surgery to biopsy the tumor.
The tumor proved to be malignant and Manfred's health had been going
downhill ever since the surgery. Manfred  had let the family know
that he did not want to live impaired by the tumor. This is a comfort
to know even though losing a loved one is still hard. His battle with
the cancer was a hard one and since we know he knows the Lord, death
in this case comes as release and relief in many ways and we
celebrate Manfred's homecoming. We find special comfort in the
Perries' song "Celebrate Me Home" which you can listen to below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BSLQnXcLPM

Some of you also know of our neverending moving story. Manfred had
been involved with that by sometimes helping Chris and me with some
errands or little practical things. We had hoped and prayed he would
still be or get well enough again to know that we had moved and were
settled in the new place. It didn't come to that but Manfred died
just about at the exact time when Chris registered our upcoming move
with authorities as we do have a moving date by now. Prayers on the
move are appreciated  but also and especially that with our
wonderful  loving and gracious God that somehow Manfred in his
passing might have an awareness that we can move and all is well as
this was important to him.

Some of you know that We were not that close to Chris's family as
they objected to our marriage. Even though they were Christians. We
could  and would have liked to share a lot more than we did - and
that was certainly not just the other party's fault. So there are
many missed opportunities and a second song that  made us think of
and that we would like to share is Jim Brady's "Dont Miss the chance"
it is a beautiful song and can be found at:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlRzs2TtwF8

Please share in our happiness over Chris's dad no longer being
suffering and in pain and pray for peace and comfort for the family,
friends and church he leaves behind.

thanks bunches and God bless,

IN Christ,

Doris and Chris