[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Saturday, January 12, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 01:50:18 UTC 2013

Well, it's that time again for us in North America, time to think about retiring for the evening.  Now I know that you on the west and mountain regions of the country are probably "doing your thing" on this Saturday evening, whereas we in the eastern and possibly central time zones are getting ready to go to bed and thinking about tomorrow.  However your day is wherever you live, I pray that your day or evening are going well.

This is one message that I wish that I could deliver to you in an audio form rather than written, because it packs so much encouragement in its words.  Compiled by a Pastor Ashman, it is entitled "God's Promises for the New Year," rendered as follows:

I will bless thee (Genesis 12:2).

I will not fail thee (Joshua 1:5).

I will heal thee (Psalm 32:8).

I will guide thee (Psalm 32:8).

I will instruct thee (Psalm 32:8).

I will teach thee (Psalm 32:8).

I will deliver thee (Psalm 50:15).

I will satisfy (Psalm 132:15).

I will help thee (Isaiah 41:10).

I will strengthen thee (Isaiah 41:10).

I will uphold thee (Isaiah 41:10).

I will hold thine hand (Isaiah 42:6).

I will not forget thee (Isaiah 49:15).

I will comfort thee (Isaiah 66:13).

I will forgive (Jeremiah 31:34).

I will restore (Jeremiah 30:17).

I will be your God (Ezekiel 36:28).

I will put My Spirit within you.  I will save you (Ezekiel 36:27, 29).

I will love him (John 14:21).

I will manifest Myself (John 14:21).

I will come again (John 14:3).

I will sup with him (Revelation 3:20).

I will give thee a crown of life (Revelation 2:10).

Now it is obvious that Pastor Ashman could have written much more, but what he wrote is, in my opinion, a snapshot of God's promises to all of His children.  And, if you think that He won't deliver on any future promises, I would refer you to 1 Kings 8:56 which states that of all the promises of God, "Not one has failed" or ever will.  Alleluia!

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul