[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, January 13, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 04:14:51 UTC 2013

Hello and good day to you all.  It's a little late for the good night message, and perhaps some of you won't read it until the morning, but I was out with a good friend who happened to be the minister of music at a local Christian singles group, and the undersigned was his musical companion, hence the delay.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that, for those of in North America, that your Sunday went well, both spiritually and otherwise.  My day was good.

We have another article by an unnamed author that I thought was very clever but so sorely needed in this day and age.  Entitled "Recipe for a Happy New Year," it is rendered as follows:

Clean thoroughly twelve whole months.  Divide into 365 parts; set aside, preparing one part only at a time as follows:

Mix well into each day:

1 part patience
1 part work
1 part courage

Add to each day:
1 part each of hope, faithfulness, generosity, and kindness

Blend with:
1 part prayer
1 part meditation
1 part good deed

Season the mixture with a dash of good spirits, a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play, and a cup of good humor.

Pour mixture into vessel of love.  Cook over radiant joy; garnish with a smile.  Serve with quietness, unselfishness, and cheer.

Yield equals one happy year.

Now that's a recipe we can all make and, best of all, we don't have to go to the grocery store to buy it, nor do we have to heat up the stove.  If that isn't good, I don't know what is.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul