[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, January 14, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 01:29:55 UTC 2013

Well, here in North America, this day is slowly coming to an end, with the east coast being the first to turn the corner of another new day, and the rest of you following behind in orderly hourly sequences.  On the other hand, the rest of you in other parts of the world are already in your Tuesdays and I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you had a good Monday and are having a great Tuesday.

We're coming to the end of our New Year's articles, and today we have a poem by Kay Hoffman called simply "New Year's Prayer," rendered as follows:

Another year is dawning
With the chance to start anew.
May I be kinder, wiser, Lord,
In all I say and do,
Not so caught up in selfish gain
That I would fail to see
The things in life that mean the most
Cost not a fancy fee.

The warm, kind word that I can give,
The outstretched hand to help,
The prayers I pray for those in need,
More precious these than wealth.
I know not what may lie ahead
Of laughter or of tears;
I only need to know each day
That You are walking near.
I'm thankful for this brand new year
As now I humbly pray,
My hand secure in Yours, Dear Lord,
Each step along the way.

I don't know about you, but there's just something in this poetic style that really speaks down deep to my innermost being.  Do others have this same feeling, or am I alone in this regard?

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul