[Faith-talk] Don't limit God

halinawoch at gmail.com halinawoch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:22:59 UTC 2013

"Don't Limit God"
"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly  above all that we ask or
think, according to the power that worketh in us,"   Ephesians 3:20
The verse above has been on my heart for the last week.   Each time I think about
it, I find myself breaking it down in such a way where  my understanding gains greater
enlightenment and my faith is becoming stronger  in its truth.  Let me break it
down for you this morning.
"Him"-- God, not man.
"that is" -- not will be, but already is.
"able" -- not unable, but well able, always  able.
"to do" -- that's action, not passive, at  work.
"exceeding" -- to go beyond, in great  measure.
"abundantly" -- plenty, more than enough,  excess.
"above" -- more than just enough, but over the top,  beyond.
"all"-- not some, not a little, not just barely enough,  not just part.
"that we" -- you, me, anyone.
"ask or think" -- what I can say, request, hope for or  imagine.
Do we really take this verse to heart?  Do we really  believe what it says?  Do
we believe it with limitations on God?  Martha  believed that Jesus could raise
her brother Lazarus from the dead, but  she believed it for the future- in the Resurrection.
 She was limiting His  ability to do exceeding abundantly above what she could ask
or think at the  present.  She was limiting Him because of the situation-- he was
already dead  and buried for four days.  She was limiting Him because of her own
 reasoning--  he stinks.
When you ask the Lord concerning a need, don't limit Him  in your asking.  When
you think about the Lord, don't limit Him and bring Him  down to the level of just
another person.  He is not a person, He is God, and He  is able-- more than able--
to do exceeding abundantly above all that you can ask  or think.
Have a great day.  God is able to do exceeding abundantly  above all that we can
 ask or think.