[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, March 4, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 01:04:26 UTC 2013

Hello and good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you happen to live on this sometimes not so wonderful planet.  Actually it is the people whom God caused to live here, and not the planet itself, that is the cause of the mess that we live in.  Anyway, whatever time of day it is in your area, I hope that it is going well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Dawson Peterson, a name with which I am unfamiliar, wrote this poem for today.  Entitled "Counting the Cost," it is rendered as follows:

How can the cost be counted?
How can we bear it weight,
Far from the throne of heaven,
yet right at the Golden Gate?

We cannot lift our burden
Nor rise to the feet of God.
God's Gift is the Gift uncounted;
Blessed is the road He trod.

Hosanna! Christ paid the ransom,
The pain of our sin endured.
He rose the Third Day in His glory,
Our place in God's kingdom ensured.

What gift can I give in my gratitude?
What service could possibly measure;
The depth, width, unspeakable heights
Of the joyful salvation I treasure?

And there you have it for today.  Sorry folks, but in checking things out I only gave you the author's middle and last name.  Her full name, as presented here, is Eileen Dawson Peterson.  In any event, I hope you enjoyed her submission today.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul