[Faith-talk] Employment for the blind, top tips for a successful job interview.

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 02:44:35 UTC 2013

Sorry, I am a little behind in email, but this topic always has interested me, whether to disclose or not.  Obviously, perspective employers are going to know that I am blind as soon as I walk through the business.  I personally do not disclose, unless they ask me outright.  I am not ashamped of my blindness, but I don't want that to be the reason they don't give me an initial interview.  I don't believe that it is a false witness, it's just the same as not disclosing that I have hazel eyes.  TThe idea is to walk through that door smiling and exuding confidence, greeting people with a firm handshake and showing that I have the confidence to do the job.  I might even bring my laptop, or some other item that I would be using in the office, to show them that I can communicatewell.    Blessings,    Debby

Sent from my iPhone