[Faith-talk] Churches

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 4 02:03:06 UTC 2013

Andrew and Timothy, I agree that there are many churches where the
Bible is not faithfully and truthfully preached, and that we should
stand for the Truth. Yes, the bible lumps them into lukewarm, etc. As
to naming a big church where the Bible is faithfully preached, I'm
not going to do that, as it's not important. What is important is
that we each find a Bible-believing Church where we may worship and
grow in our relationship with Christ, and where we can minister to
and encourage others in their pilgrimage. There are many today who
have no choice other than to use the internet. While this is not the
best, it's better than nothing.

And, where a good church cannot be found in a rural area, the only
way to have fellowship is over the internet. Also remember that we
are each to spend time alone with God every day in Bible study and
prayer. Then we will be able to discern whether or not the church we
currently attend is sticking to the Word as God inspired it.

We are in the last days, as has been said, but we are still in the
age of grace. Please remember that we are not all Christians on this
list. We are here to discuss faith and the Bible, and to encourage
each other where we can. We don't need to argue here, or bang people
over the head with the Bible. Stand up for it, but let the Holy
Spirit guide you as you share the Gospel.

Blessings,

Linda