[Faith-talk] pray for my brother and family

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 21:22:53 UTC 2013

Hi Justin, I will briefly share something I learned about Psalms,
and it has served me in good stead.  First of all, if you use the
NIV each Psalm has a little sentence or two that talks about the
Psalm, what circumstances the Psalm was written for, etc.
Second, when I read the Psalms and use them as prayers, I do it
on several levels: first the Psalms have been used as a prayer of
the Church for hundreds of years.  Then too we can use them as
our own personal prayer.  For my Braille project I wrote out in
Braille some of my favorite Psalms.  This just came out of
reading the Psalms for years.  Hope this helps.    Debby