[Faith-talk] Evening Prayer

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 07:43:25 UTC 2013

  Evening Prayer
  O lover of Thy people, Thou hast placed my whole being in the hands of Jesus,
  my redeemer, commander, husband, friend, and carest for me in Him. Keep me
  holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners; may I not know the voice of
  strangers, but go to Him where He is, and follow where He leads.  Thou hast
  bathed me once for all in the sin-removing fountain, cleanse me now from this
  day's defilement, from its faults, deficiencies of virtue, harmful extremes,
  that I may exhibit a perfect character in Jesus.  O Master, who didst wash the
  disciples' feet, be very patient with me, be very condescending to my faults,   go on with me till Thy great work in me is completed. I desire to conquer self   in every respect, to overcome the body with its affections and lusts, to keep   under my flesh, to guard my manhood from all grosser sins, to check the   refined power of my natural mind, to live entirely to Thy glory, to be deaf to   unmerited censure and the praise of men. Nothing can hurt my new-born inner   man, it cannot be smitten or die; nothing can mar the dominion of Thy Spirit   within me; it is enough to have Thy approbation and that of my conscience.   Keep me humble, dependent, supremely joyful, as calm and quiet as a sucking   child, yet earnest and active. I wish not so much to do as to be, and I long   to be like Jesus; if Thou dost make me right I shall be right; Lord, I belong   to Thee, make me worthy of Thyself.

Nate Kile, Cross Road Recording Studios, specializing in Mixing, Mastering and all your audio needs. www.crossroadrecording.com