[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 19:11:17 UTC 2013

Once again we come to you all with the Daily Thought message, today being Tuesday in most parts of the world as this is being written, but for you in Australia and New Zealand it's already early Wednesday morning.  I hope that your day is going well, about to end or about to begin, depending on where in this world you happen to live.

The Faith, Prayer and Tract League published an article several years ago entitled "Come To Sunday School Because," rendered as follows:

Sunday school teaches the Bible, the message of God Almighty.

Sunday school prepares one better to face the problems of life.

Sunday school teaches obedience and respect for parents and those in authority.

Sunday school confronts the student with the demand of God that he accept Jesus Christ as his personal Savior.

Sunday school helps to to build strong character.

Sunday school presents opportunities to share Christian experiences.

Sunday school shows the student how he can be of service in this sinful world.

Sunday school brings together those with whom you can form true friendships.

Sunday school gives the opportunity to bring others under the message of the Gospel.

Sunday school teaches songs of real beauty, comfort, and praise.

Sunday school gives the opportunity to discuss spiritual problems in small groups with those of the same age.

God says:  Seek ye the Lord while He may be found (Isaiah 55:6).

God says:  Train up a child in the way he should go (Proverbs 22:6).

God says:  Search the Scriptures; for ... they are they which testify of Me (John 5:39).

God says:  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord (Colossians 3:16).

Even though it's not Saturday or even the Lord's Day, I hope that you found reasons to go to Sunday school if you haven't gone already as an adult, and if your Christian assembly in fact has Sunday school.  Lord willing tomorrow we will have another archival article by the late Dr. Ralph Montanus.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul