[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Thursday, April 17, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 18:05:34 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to you on this Thursday, known in some circles as either Maundy Thursday or Holy Thursday.  I pray that your day is going well and, for those of you who have or have had special services today with foot-washing and Communion, that it was more than just a thing to do in your respective houses of worship, but that it will be or was meaningful to you.

In searching for an appropriate piece of literature for this day, I came across a very short poem by Patricia S. Baker which simply and yet profoundly touches on the theme of this night.  Although untitled, I hope and pray that it will be a blessing to you.  Here it is below.

Those who would follow their Shepherd of love
Must learn to drink of the cup from above.
Whether bitter or sweet, to sip of His wine
Is to drink with the King from a chalice divine.
The purest of potion from choicest of vine
Is poured out for me daily from hands pierced for mine.

And there you have it for today.  Lord willing, tomorrow there will be a Good Friday message for you.

And now may the God of
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul