[Faith-talk] Blindness and faith

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:44:23 UTC 2014

Hi Beth, well, I guess these women were afraid that you would
fall into sin.  They were doing what they thought was best,
whether it was or not.  When presented with their information,
your pastor felt that he had no choice but to come to you with
this.  Now it's up to you.  It sounds like you have made up your
mind that Blake is going to stay with you.  If that is the case,
remember that in everything we do, there are consequences.  Your
pastor may feel that he must take some action.  I have, in my
past, gone against what my Christian friends felt was right.  Do
I regret it? There are things that I regret.  So all I will say
to you about this is: Be sure that whatever you do, you have
prayed about it, and can clearly say to yourself that what you
are doing is okay with God.  If you can say that and clearly
believe this to be true, then whether others agree or not
shouldn't matter.  If it does then perhaps you need to re-examine
whether or not their approval is important to you.  I have been
known to be a proud, stubborn woman (my own judgment) and have
not always been willing to listen to anyone else's opinions.
That has been both good and bad.    Blessings,    Debby and Neena