[Faith-talk] Legalists?

Brandon A. Olivares programmer2188 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 05:44:54 UTC 2014

It’s not using the term incorrectly. The way it was used is a specific and proper usage of a general term, so the definition isn’t even related.

What you say may be a great ideal, but the reality is that there are many legalists within Christianity who focus excessively on the rules, to the exclusion of their relationship with the Divine. They let guilt rule their lives, and condemn all others who might follow different precepts. This is a perfect definition of legalists, IMO.