[Faith-talk] Legalists?

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 13:21:05 UTC 2014

Timothy, there was a lot of killing on all sides back then.  And
even in our own country in its early formation, Puritans hung
Quakers, and other people who didn't believe the way they did.
As I said in an earlier post, Christians are the only army that
shoots its own wounded.  Did the Catholic Church make mistakes?
Yes.  Did Protestants make mistakes? Yes.  ALL have sinned and
fall short of the glory of God.  Pointing fingers at other
believers is extremely disheartening.  I would ask with respect
that you stop it.  I have tried on this list to express my
agreements or disagreements with people in a respectful and
loving way.  And I will continue to do that, but I am not going
to sit by and let you express anti-Catholic sentiment.  This list
is for people of all faiths, and no faith at all.  I don't always
agree with Brandon, for instance, but I think we respect each
other.  So let's calm down the rhetoric here and be civil.
Peace,    Debby