[Faith-talk] blindness related situation

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:38:34 UTC 2014

Hello Maurine and Andrew I have prosthetics in both eyes as well. I lost my
site when I was shot in the face as a teenager. The thing is, I have always
been able to keep my eyes open. When I first had the prosthetics put in they
felt like giant beach balls in my eye sockets so it wasn't too hard to keep
them open, as a matter of fact, it seemed harder to close them at first. I
still remember  my mom standing there balling because after not seeing me
with eyes for three months it was just so overwhelming for her to see her
wounded son look normal again. Most places I go to people will try and
interact with me as if I were sighted, just last night the waiter at the
restaurant I was at was trying to hand me a menu. Some of my clients who
come to my studio will come over and I will shake their hands and add, "Just
so you know I am blind." Sometimes they think that I said something else and
they just miss understood me and then finally maybe an hour later it will
really click that I am blind. Funny stuff, then they start freaking out a
little because I am doing all of this technical engineering stuff without
sight and they just can't believe it.