[Faith-talk] developmental delay among the blind

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:39:24 UTC 2014

>From the time I was very small, I was taught to look in people's
direction when they talked, to reach out and shake hands, things
like that.  Plus I grew up with brothers and I had to be rough
and tumble to get along with them.  Plus I tried and still try to
be observant.  I am blind from birth, too.  A lot of my life I
have been mainly with sighted folks.  But in the last couple
years, it's been more with blind folks.  I think that perhaps we
can't really generalize about blind from birth versus becoming
blind later on.  It really depends on so many factors.
Blessings,    Debby and Neena