[Faith-talk] developmental delay among the blind

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 16:35:39 UTC 2014

A lot of it is putting the child in position to experience the world through
their other senses.  If I am sitting in a group of people, and something
totally visual is on a TV screen, and I don't react to it, I can come off as
developmentally delayed; if the child doesn't stack the blocks, because they
don't see the other kids doing it, they may come off developmentally delayed
even with no mental disabilities.  Anytime you are not quite on what
everyone else is doing, it can seem like that.