[Faith-talk] a PS about the Harry Potter phenomenon

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:39:38 UTC 2014

I don't believe in banning books, but I do believe in presenting
books to children in the right timing.  Some books are just not
books that small children should read until they have grown a
little older.  Banning books is stupid.  By whose criteria are we
going to ban books? Some would have us ban Huckleberry Finn and
the Adventures of Tom Sawyer, or to Kill A Mockingbird.  I'm glad
that I had the opportunity to read those books.  Reading books
makes us more well-rounded.  I'm even glad that I read books that
really depressed me, because I could figure out why they
depressed me, and determine what I believed about the world, and
God, and society and everything.    Blessings,    Debby and Neena