[Faith-talk] a PS about the Harry Potter phenomenon

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 21:50:59 UTC 2014

I'm with you all the way Miss Debby. You know people used to come down on
Charles Spurgeon, a great preacher because he smoked cigars, he once said
that the only problem with him smoking cigars was the fact that he couldn't
smoke two at a time. Here is the thing, people want to make things in their
selves sinful, but as Paul points out in the Bible that sin is often in
correspondence to our conscience. It was sinful for some to eat meat that
came from the pagan temples, because they felt convicted in their hearts and
it wasn't because they were braking a commandment. If I am out eating with
other Christians at a restaurant I will ask ahead of time if I order a beer
if it would offend, or be a problem for anyone I am dining with. I don't
want to make another brother stumble because of my liberty in Christ.
Speaking of old souls on the other thread, maybe we are Kindred Spirits
Debby because you and I often  land on the same side of the coin. That
reminds me, one day this year my little 8 year old daughter came home from
school and said, "You know dad, you're my brother." She then started
laughing and told me how she had learned that we are all sisters and
brothers in Christ, she got such a kick out of that. But of Corse  I
digress, time to go back to the cave until I smell another picnic basket.