[Faith-talk] off topic question

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 07:54:31 UTC 2014

Hi Amy, I must admit to having mixed feelings about this.  First
of all, you definitely want to go with a site that tries, at
least, to do background checks.  You don't want to get in to a
situation where you are dating someone who turns out to be a
creep.  Second, I'd pray long and hard about any person you meet
on a site.  Really really listen to the Holy Spirit.  Having said
all that, it could be an okay way to meet someone.  After all,
most of us meet people that we form relationships with who are
total strangers in the beginning.  I met my husband on a commuter
bus.  I have one friend who met her husband online, and as far as
I know, things are fine with them.  I know two people (one being
my mom) who answered ads in the newspaper.  What's the
difference, really? But I do suggest that your first meeting or
two or three be in public places.  My first date with my husband
was at a sausage fest, and later we had dinner at a restaurant
owned by friends of mine.  They liked him, so that gave me a
little reassurance.  Anyway, just some thoughts as I get ready to
go get in bed, and if possible, hug the man who has become the
love of my life-from bus buddy to best friend to husband.
Blessings,    Debby