[Faith-talk] off topic question

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 12:11:58 UTC 2014

Amy, not having looked at other answers in this thread, I wouldn't
necessarily say that you should or shouldn't pursue online dating services,
but it is my personal gut feeling in this case, as the old saying goes, that
"discretion is the better part of valor." By that I mean that anyone will
put his/her best foot forward online, but when the two of you finally meet
in person, each of you will know the true colors of the other.  Furthermore
it is possible that emotional damage to one or both parties could result in
your relationship together.  On the other hand, God can work things out so
that the relationship online can be beautiful.  I know personally of a blind
couple who met online and are married, Wendy and Ted Phillips.  Ted was from
SC and Wendy from Alberta, Canada.  They live in Alberta.

So my best advice is to let the Holy Spirit be your guide in whatever you
do.  Also some hard questions to consider are:  Are you and your male
partner looking for a marriage of convenience, and do you both think that
you can handle pressures like money and other things over the long haul? I
personally am single, but am not actively pursuing dating or even marriage.
Hope that you didn't mind this relatively long post, but I sure wouldn't
want any single guy or gal on this list to regret their actions down the
road.  Paul