[Faith-talk] thanks...regarding online dating.

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 7 22:48:00 UTC 2014

Amy,
I see many cons to online dating. I have heard negative stories too; people
can have a different personality online.

As to dating, I suggest you would get more out of it if you did it in person

As to the home situation and jobs, I'm in a similar boat. I do have more
transit than you being in a suburb of the dc area. I use paratransit, metro
access mainly unless I have a ride since public transit is a bit far.
I went to college and couldn't find a job either; I majored in liberal
studies which means you combine two emphasis; mine were communication and
psychology.

My advice about the jobs is think about what you want to do. If working with
kids did not work out due to discrimination, what other transferable skills
do you have? Can you do something else with kids?
What was your degree or degrees in and from where?

How about tutoring or babysitting them?
You can work from home or have clients come to your house which solves the
transit issue. I know many teachers who tutor at their homes on the side. I
went to a SAT prep tutor at her home.

What other training do you mean? Academic, life skills, computer skills?
NFB centers may help, but they do not teach all the life skills you need and
also have you wear sleepshades if you some vision and not everyone wants to
train as a blind person.
I may have some resources to recommend to you, but you'd have to pay for
them if you don't have a vr case open.
Hadley school for the blind is a good free distance ed program which offers
many classes including technology, living skills basics, and business
courses.

You might be able to make some money at home if you're creative. You might
try to get rides since transit is a problem. Your church has no sunday
school, really? No small groups?
Most churches do this. Maybe they do, and you can't get there?

Try to find another church. I think if you ask for rides they will come, it’s
a church after all.

I know how it is not working. I wish you success in finding a job in this
down economy. Its tough.

Ashley