[Faith-talk] blindness as a gift

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 14:45:27 UTC 2014

If you were sighted, we'd have issues; sense your blind, I can get with you
on this.  I would almost, no I would be offended if some sighted person were
to say that to me without having an understanding of what I have to go
through living in Columbia south Carolina.  Maybe there are gifts I have
developed to compensate for said blindness, the gifts of hearing and
intuition,  but blindness as a gift?  I don't know about that.  I think I
would like to rewrap it.  Not trying to be offensive; I have developed other
gifts, but it doesn't feel like a gift when people don't want to drive me to
lunch after a church service.  Or, when I lose three career opportunities in
7 years causing me to remain in a dead end job.  I won't tell you the high
crazy foreign cab drivers stories; you already know them, hell, you've
probably taken part in some of them.  I won't tell you about walking around
in the elements or miles at a stretch, or about terrible public
transportation; you know about that too, and I won't go on and on about the
accessibility issues in general, college in particular.  The best I can say
is that it was the hand I have been allotted to play, and sense the cards
have been dealt, I intend to use every bit of skill I possess to win. What
Howard doesn't like a good game of cards.  Bid Wisk Anyone?
Ps. Come out from under that rock more often.