[Faith-talk] The foundation of Islam, part 2.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 07:33:11 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

Today I would like to consecutively proceed on explaining the basic fundamentals within the foundation of Islamic doctrines.

We left off on concisely defining the generic term Shahadah.

So to just summarize and to refresh your memories, I will define the Shahadah again.

Shahadah is the   public testimony of faith.

It consists of two major pillars.

The first one is made of two sentiments, they are affirmation and negation.

Whilst the 2nd one is a decisive acknowledgement of Muhammad and his prophethood.

“I bear witness that there is no God but Allah.

And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah”.

  It is usually declared in public.

So can someone declare the Shahadah within just his heart?

Well, if he or she are concerned about unpleasant upshots, such as religious persecution or bigotry, that would be a legit excuse to temporarily veil their faith.

Our deeds are essentially based on their intentions in Islam.

So, what are the consequences of declaring Shahadah?

  When someone declares Shahadah, he officially becomes a Muslim, which means he is religiously held accountable for his rights and duties within Islamic systemization.

  The initial accountability in Islam is to act accordingly to this monotheistic testification.

In Islam, it is not sufficient to verbally assert your faith, but you have to significantly present a sign of practicality.

If you articulate that you worship Allah only, then you ought to critically present your beliefs with palpable evidence that vividly reflects on the genuine implication of your faith.

   What does the believe in Allah signify?

It signifys the perfect summation of Allah and His Eminent Transcendence,  Glory be to Him.

  The relationship between the Muslim and Allah is quite unique.

Allah does not demand to be incarnate in a physical being in order to either atone or penalize.

Allah is All Omnipotent and sequentially,  He can utterly atone or penalize with His Will, and He does not need the discretion of anyone nor He awaits to sacrifice someone.

We as Muslims decline this radical blasphemy of God incarnation.

The concept of God incarnate is enormously undecipherable within Christianity, and it is totally unacceptable in Islam.

There are certain theological guidelines to determine whether someone is polytheistic or monotheistic.

Some of them are pertained with the description of some doctrines, whilst other motivations are influenced by spiritual authorities, such as the Church hierarchy.

  In Islam, we decline anything of that nature.

Even the Kaaba, it is not considered a divine symble as some people think.

  It is just the Sanctuary of Allah glory be to Him.

That  what the Kaaba is in  Islamic creed.

Islam does not tolerate any forms of paganism.

Islam constitutes its doctrinal tennets on the sincere submission to Allah glory be to Him.

If anyone needs to understand a bit more about what Islam teaches on that regard, I can be reached by responding to this post, or scheduling a skype meeting in either Friday or Saturday morning my time here in Cairo Egypt.

I just composed a brief outline on monotheism in Islam, but we certainly can have extensive conversation about that if someone is interested.

Thank you, and for my Muslim fellows, have a blessing Friday, peace be with you.