[Faith-talk] {Disarmed} The_Seeds_of_Guidance.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:27:57 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

The portrayal of Jesus in the four Gospels and the writings of Paul completely mask the true historical Jesus.

He was a Galilean peasant consumed with zeal for the kingdom of heaven.

He unfeignedly advocated the overthrow of the ruling powers, this included the high priests in Jerusalem as well as their Roman overlords, and who saw himself as the God-appointet apostle   of this new millennium at that time.

Is the account of Jesus’ purification of the Jerusalem temple

provocative action that alarmed the Jewish Temple establishment and alerted the vigilant Roman authorities to bring Jesus to his death through crucifixion, a form of capital punishment reserved primarily for crimes of sedition.

The Jesus of the New Testament, on the other hand, is a divine figure, the “literal” Son of God, totally devoid of any earthly interest, and is a creation of Paul the Apostle and other compliant church leaders on behalf of an urban and Hellenistic branch of the early church that was in tension with the Jerusalem-based church led by James.

It is the divine Jesus created by the needs of the Roman church that was ultimately triumphant over the authentic portrait of the historical Jesus. This is the one that has endured in orthodox Christianity to this day.

The contemporary denominations of Christianity are essentially based on the concept of eminently exulting the entity of Jesus.

That is a major tennet in their doctrine, that Jesus is somehow divine.

  I previously discussed my friends about that particular concept.

Well today, I would love to distinctly eliminate the debate into couple of basic contentions.

1; The nature of Jesus.

2; The words that Jesus spoke.

So to the first basic contention then, the nature of Jesus.

Some Christians believe that Jesus induces two natures'; one is divine, and another one that is just mortal.

Well to be honest with you my friends, I am not sure if I can buy that one.

I think it just demands to be chronologically reinterpreted.

The second basic contention, is essentially centered around the concept of the words that Jesus spoke.

I knew that Jesus originally spoke Aramaic, whilst the current Bible is translated out of ancient Greek and Latin.

Well definitely, Jesus never spoke English, Latin, or ancient Greek for even that matter.

He just spoke Aramaic.

So how can we confidently assure, that this Bible we presently possess, how we can verify its thorough authority on that regard?

            I am not debating though, I am just questioning.

Simultaneously, I will be satisfied to meet some of you online, to have a broadly further discussion onto that.

Friday 7:00 in the morning my time is the perfect schedule for me.

I am now located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Although I assume that does not fit your time arrangements, since many of you are living in the States.

But for certain, the schedule above is flexibly negotiable, to mutually reach an agreement.

Thank you so much for reading another one of my posts.

Peace be with you.