[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Thursday, January 9, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 21:25:32 UTC 2014

Hello folks.  Well, here in eastern North America it's a Thursday afternoon as I write this, and I hope that you are all doing well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

In contrast to yesterday's article which I know was extremely long, here is a short poem that I'd like to present to you today.  Written by Vi B. Chevalier and entitled "No Better Time," it is rendered as follows:

No better time than now to do
The things you know you ought to do,
To tackle tasks long set aside
Then finish with both joy and pride.

No better time than now to be
The very best that you can be,
To bring a smile or dry a tear,
To show your love for someone dear.

No better time than now to pray
And thank the Lord for each new day,
For all His blessings big and small,
Divinely sent for one and all.

And there you have it for today.  That word "pride" at the end of the first verse raises a flag in my spiritual mindset.  We have to be careful about pride itself for, as it says somewhere in the book of Proverbs, "Pride goes before destruction." Maybe Vi had something else in mind when she used that word.  In the same line "joy" is all right, in my opinion.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul