[Faith-talk] Exposing the Moon God lie.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 14:53:48 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

Today, I will Insha Allah respond to one of the quite popular false allegations about Allah glory be to Him.

My response on the Moon God misconception is intended to be thorough for enlightenment and clarity.

It is one of the most popular, and yet, it is one of the stupidest false allegations about Islam.

Well, who innovated the Moon God Myth?

Robert Morey who were the first one to write about his (Allah is the moon-god) theory in The Islamic Invasion (1992).

And then later, he reproduced it with minor changes in a twenty page booklet entitled The Moon-God Allah in the Archeology of the Middle East, (1994).

The latter has fallen out of print, and Morey himself refers readers to The Islamic Invasion, which he himself invalidated in his later edition of this inadequate paper.

Well, there are some ignorant Evangelists today such as Sam Shamoun and David Wood, who are attempting to evoke religious disarrays in the lay Muslim mind.

  They obliviously reuse the Moon God myth for that vicious purpose.

And of course, that causes no harm but, it just brings theological complex to the surface.

   Consequently, I intend to just set everything up in the initial conditions, and as they say, matters are determined by their proper definitions.

So what is the Moon God myth?

It is the bogus allegation that prophet Muhammad salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam has worshipped one of the pagan idols, and it was known as the Moon God, named  Allah.

Emphatically, I am sure that all of my sensible recipients are tremendously laughing at this preposterous prevarication.

Well, in spite of its vast insignificance,  I am not reluctant to critically rebuttal this nonsense, and my intention is  to unfeignedly teach both Muslims and Christians alike, Insha Allah, because they both are my brothers and sisters in humanity.

    Well at its inception, if we thoroughly examine the prophetic biography of Muhammad salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, we will never find any relevance or inclusion of Allah being among the pagan Gods which these infidles worshipped.

Their idolatrous engagements did not include any entitlements to one of their gods named Allah.

Although in advanced of their massive idolatry, they were sincerely devoted to monotheism on the doctrinal tennets of Abraham and Ishmael, the devout Patriarchs of Allah glory be to Him and peace be upon them.

   Abraham and Ishmael have built the sacred Sanctuary which is known today as the Kaaba.

It is the  eminently sanctum shrine for all Monotheists until today.

Arabs maintained their annual pilgrimage to Mecca, to essentially worship around the Kaaba, and to blessedly spend several days in the Holy village.

That was even awhile before Muhammad was born, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, and noone thought of worshipping idols or even the Kaaba for that matter, they were devoutly following the precise Abrahamic   tradition.

The origin of idolatry in Arabia.

    Later on, the idol worship was first introduced to the faith of Arabia, brought by someone called Amr ibn Luhayy.

Amr ibn Luhayy was the devilish innovator of idolatry in Arabia.

He once travelled to Syria on a business trip, and he was tempted by idol worshippers therein.

The pagans there convinced him to buy some of their idols, and to strenuously strive in introducing these to Arabs, and so he did.

The idols worship has gradually been enclosed to Arabs, they gradually adopted idolatry, and ultimately, they all worshipped idols made of rocks and woods.

There were 360 idol surrounding the Kaaba, but noone has worshipped the Kaaba or considered it one of the idols.

This is how the idols worship was first introduced to Arabs.

So if Professor Shamoun argues that pagan Arabs acknowledged Allah, that sounds nothing new to us.

We already knew that they did, but we just clarify the matter.

They were aware of Allah as the one true deity to be worshipped, and there are numerous substantiations about that.
There is another point to make here.

Professor Shamoun claims that Allah was among these pagan gods, then why the people of Mecca have furiously confronted the prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam when he first called them to worship Allah only, and to abandon worshipping their idols, the gods of their fathers.

They should have not been that skeptic and rebellious, if Allah was just among the idols which they already worshipped.

They should have been less repugnant to his declaration I suppose.

I would like to ask Professor Shamoun to accurately cite his authentic references on the subject of the Moon God radical myth.

    Though I doubt that he will even pay attention to my proposal, but I am still committed to participate in a respectful discussion if he wills.

I have a question for Professor Shamoun;

Why Pagan Arabs did not worship the Kaaba?

Well, I may have a second question;

Who mentioned the Moon God myth before Robert Morey?

Reference citation is mandatory.

The Moon God radical myth does not exist before the plainly fabricated legendary development and the delusional state  of Robert Morey.

One of the decisively rebutting evidence to the absurd Moon God  proclaimation is the following verse of the Noble Koran, chapter 41, verse 37.

“And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Prostrate not to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate to Allah Who
created them, if ye truly worship Him”.

The Noble Koran 41, verse 37.

Note, there is a prostration sign at the end of the verse, which indicates a prostration recommendation upon reciting.

You can check the Noble Koran for verification.

So I just do not understand; how Allah is the Moon God whilst in the Koran He dynamically articulates to not prostrate to the moon.

Can Allah forbid or stand firm against prostrating to Himself?

Does that make any sense?

Furthermore, when the  Solar Eclipse occurred at the phase of the prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, his companions misinterpreted that by thinking that it grieved the death of Abraham, the son of the prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam.

Thereupon, the prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam declined that misinterpretation,  and he taught them, that the son and the moon are just some of the signs of Allah, and they do not occult for the death or the life of someone.

He just taught us to pray and supplicate to Allah, until it vanishes, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam.

The genuine sources of Sunna are filled with many attested narrations of Hadith on this incident, such as the narration of almoguira ibn Shu'bah and other companions.

Well, there is another striking fact which Professor Shamoun missed because of his mass arrogance.

Do you know Professor Shamoun that the word for the truly Deity to be worshipped in all Arabic Bibles is Allah?

You can check that out.

It turns out to be plainly obvious, that the Moon God theory is not more than just a ludicrous myth, and it is demonstratively fallacious at the least.

   I do not encourage to implant  a precarious relationship with people of  other religions, and particularly Jews and Christians.

But at the same time, when hate sentiments, tension, vandalism, deliberate denouncements  and acrimony remarks are promoted, purposefully intending to attain the deterioration of Islam, I will basicly not remain silent to that.

     There are  cables owned by Christian organizations across the United states, which promotes disinformation about Islam all the time.

Sam Shamoun is just one of many other hateful Evangelists.

Here in Egypt, we permanently deposed the Brotherhood movement because of its poisonous thoughts, radicalism and heavy ignorance.

But I am afraid, I can see that Christians in the United States are hesitated to imitate us, in recognizing such extremeist Evangelists as incompetent for the public ministry, and thus, they ought to suspend their pastoral entitlement, unless they veritably allege to abide by their deference to the difference.

    I hope that was not offensive to anyone.

I am seeking for common grounds and mutual interests, and that is why I fight against mass ignorance and religious extremism on both sides.

Thank you for reading, and have a pleasant time.

Peace be with you.